Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Coachella 2014 Beauty Essentials

I'm sure you all know the sun is not my friend and the desert heat- well let’s just say HOT!

Dancing little W beauty by sw blog


I like to travel light, so on Palm Spring trips I usually don't pack a lot of makeup or non-essentials. When we do the desert we like to stay at the Viceroy Palm Springs. For one thing the service is always spot on and the other, this is one of Kelly Wearstler’s  Design projects and I adore her work, old and new. 


via Milkmagazine.net


Now the hotel has great product available but I still like to bring my Coachella beauty must haves such as

Beauty by SW beauty blog San Diego
Product C/O Shu Uemura all others purchased



  • Shu Uemura Art of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo;  this gives me the volume I love and removes the chlorine from the pool, did I mention the smell is lemon fresh. Normally this is a once a week product for most people and if you have a propensity towards dry hair mix with TIGI Resurgence for dry hair- Reborn fights the frizz. 

    • Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Protective oïl; This is a multi purpose product and I love that for travel. Not only could this hair oil be used for and overnight treatment (waking up to shiny, nourished locks of hair-LOVE) but you can use Shu Uemura Essence Oil to tame the mid day frizz at Coachella. I can only describe the scent of this miracle hair oil as an exotic citrus fragrance, there you have it.
    • TIGI Catwalk Session Series Styling Cream; I can’t survive without this hair product. It works for a multitude of hairstyles. If I use in my damp hair I can achieve the Spring 2014 Kenzo beauty look, then brush it out latter for the trendy Versace runway look (add a little of the Shu Uemura oil for shine) This is my go to essential hair product for Coachella
    • Kusco-Murphy Beach Hair; now the name just says it-right? I fell in love with Kusco-Murphy when I carried it in my boutique. My brother and husband use the Paste and I use Tart Hair as an extra boost for my ends. This is a product based out of Australia (love the Aussie Beach Culture). Beach hair gives me a messier, sexy look to my hair and the coconut fragrance transports me to the cool beach. The added bonus of this hair product is a sunscreen for your hair
    • Oahu Hair Highlights in Bronze by Bath and Body Works; this I’m using a spray for stenciled body art for a festival experience why not. This is a true copper bronze so in my hair (not for me) but on my body (loving it). 

    Kusco Murphy Australian Hair Product Beauty by SW blog
    On to Coachella Body and Skin Care Product Must Have

    • Olay Fresh Effects Eye Awakening Cream; I've just started using this eye product, so I can't give you the long term benefits of it but I will say my first impression, It’s wonderfully refreshing. The little metal balls add a blast of cool that my puff ball eyes need. I think for my desert trip this is going in my bag as my throughout the day pick me up since I'm not drinking coffee right now. 
     
    Beauty Blogger Beauty by SW Coachella Must Have
    Product C/O Olay, +Secret Deodorant  all others purchased
    • Egyptian Magic; I am a big fan of Honey and the amazing healing properties and it’s rejuvenation for the skin. Royal Jelly is a natural collagen booster so I rub it in on my chest, neck, face and basically all over. The olive oil moisturizers while the bees wax seals the hydrating power of the ingredients in. Throw this one in a 2oz size in your fanny pack for Coachella and you’ll be set.
    • Secret’s Invisible Solid in Paris Rose; Ok if I get lost on the polo field in the desert, this deodorant will make me smell pretty for a full 48hrs. Usually I go for the no scented types of deodorant but the fragrance is light and softens with time. 
    Urban Decay 24 7 eye pencil
    Products C/O Covergirl, Urban Decay, Butter London all others purchased
    Palm Springs

    • Urban Decay Waterproof eye pencil; I can make a perfect winged liner look and add a little more of the ultra smoky-eye for the evenings events. On the package it states “Velvet glide-on eye pencil” It totally is all that! Urban Decay Cosmetics have always done a fine job in creating makeup for the rock-girl meets Gypset style.
    • Butter nails in Hen Party; so I have always loved Butter London nail products and this little jewel was in my gift bag for Lucky FABB, Hurray for me! The Opal sheer polish gives me a glow and won’t clash with my festival fashion outfits.  
    • Bath and Body Works Oahu Liplicious lip gloss; the shimmer matches my nails and the best part- it literally taste like coconuts. I’m truly obsessed with this lip gloss!
    I know it’s a lot to read about but I hope this makes your Coachella Music Festival Beautiful and Bright.

    Happy Hunting
    SW



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I Love to read all comments and love to hear from your stories- so be sure to link and share.

    XOXO
    SW
    If you have a more pressing question please contact me via Twitter @beautybysw or swkpanachebeauty@gmail.com