Monday, September 15, 2014

My Burberry Nail Color Inspirations and Review

The Burberry Spring/Summer 2015 show was bursting with color and overall sense of femininity, which in turn inspired me to try out possible nail polish colors for my SS15 nail art collection.
Burberry’s spring fashion was filled with hot pinks hues, an array of blues and greens with a dash of cayenne red pepper. 
I decided on 5 brands to start my review

Burberry  color inspiration beautybyswblogspot



  • Revlon nail enamels in the shade Make Mine Mango 920. This shade looks like the
  •  Burberry’s Runway design
  • Sally Hansen’s color in Shrimply Devine 520.
  • Dior Vernis in Rouge 999. That’s my hot cayenne red, like the bugs in the Burberrys S/S15 runway video
  • F21 nail polish brand Love & Beauty in the color Rose
  • Essie nail Lacquer in Turquoise & Caicos,  to go with the beautiful dresses in Christopher Bailey’s collection at #LFW


Nail polish consistency is a personal preference, don’t you think? Thinner, sheer, opaque, what ever your preference might be I do think we are all looking for a polish that stands the test of our daily activities. As I was pressed for time and choose to do a quick water mani to cleanse my nails and cuticles. I follow up with Bond Aid from OPI to help the polish adhere better and then the No Chip Base coat by Sally Hansen (know your nail condition to make your own base choices).

LFW spring Summer 2015 Trend color inspiration Burberry

Pink Orange Red Coral and Blue Nail polish review beauty by sw beauty blogger

Beauty blogger Beauty by SW blogspot Revlon and Dior nail polish Review


The 1st coats of colored nail polish will let you know if your choice in brands is sheerer or a one coat wonder. The Sally Hansen and the Revlon Nail Polishes went on a bit streaky for my liking. This was a indicator I would have to layer 3 coats of polish.
The Essie Nail Lacquer was a little sheer but I do feel 2 coats would be enough to achieve the color density I like. The last two colors are my One Coat Wonders, the Dior Rouge 999 and the F21 Rose Nail Lacquers. Either polish would be a great travel companion for Fashion Week. Both polishes are long lasting one quick layer and you’re ready for Paris Spring Summer 2015 Fashion Week.
I say you should all pop over to Burberry’s Twitter feed to see some of the gorgeous color inspiration for yourself. As much as we all love black, a little color livens the senses, don’t you agree?

Until Next Time
Happy Hunting
SW

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to read all comments and love to hear from your stories- so be sure to link and share.

XOXO
SW
If you have a more pressing question please contact me via Twitter @beautybysw or swkpanachebeauty@gmail.com